For Providers & Healthcare Facilities
For the good of our patients.
SYNCRONYS is based on a public utility model where providers and healthcare organizations (large and small) provide and share information for the common good. It allows unrelated healthcare organizations to share information by creating a neutral network for synthesizing information from all participating organizations.
HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE IS… THE SECURE AND TIMELY SHARING OF ELECTRONIC HEALTH DATA ACROSS THE BOUNDARIES OF HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS.
- An individual seeking medical care in today’s society sees an average of 18 providers during their lifetime. SYNCRONYS consolidates information from those various providers, reducing the amount of time patients spend filling out paperwork and briefing their providers on their medical history, and allowing more time for discussions about health concerns and treatments.
- Information accessed via SYNCRONYS, including x-rays, CT results and other testing information helps patients avoid unnecessary or and duplicate testing, hospitalization, and emergency department visits.
- SYNCRONYS stores Advanced Directives allowing a patient’s wishes to be shared with a broader audience.
- In the event of an emergency, medical personnel will have access to the patient’s records saving critical time.
Helping payors to improve:
- Quality Performance
- Laboratory results for HbA1c to control Diabetes
- Prenatal and Postpartum care
- Hypertension diagnosis codes, readings may be found in clinical notes if provided to the HIE
- Daily Admissions Extract
- With consent, able to show admission reasons
- Without patient consent, reports can be redacted to omit SUD, MH and STDs from the notifications (i.e., blank dx and admit reason)
- Early notification of discharge for prompt follow-up (Medicare Star Measure & Medicaid BH Measures)
- Care Coordination
- Prompt notifications of emergency department and inpatient discharges for follow-up to prioritize care management interventions
- Discharge summaries and Medications ordered upon discharge
- Risk Adjustment Report to identify gaps in Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) (Medicare reimbursements and Commercial business risk pool adjustment)
- Improvement Opportunities for HEDIS and Quality Outcome Measures
- From early notification of Admit and Discharge Dates:
- Follow-up after Hospitalization for Mental Illness (NM Centennial Care quality metric)
- Follow-up after ED visit for MI (NMCC quality metric)
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and other drug dependence (NMCC quality metric)
- Prenatal and Postpartum Visit-Post-Partum Visit (NMCC quality metric)
- All cause readmissions (Star measure)
- Transition of Care - Inpatient admission (CMS Display Measure)
- NCQA Accreditation Sub-Measure under Population Health
Public Health Reporting
SYNCRONYS has been authorized by the New Mexico Department of Health to provide Reportable Lab Results reporting and Syndromic Surveillance reporting to NM Department of Health for New Mexico hospitals.
Several ways to participate -
- SYNCRONYS HIE Clinical Portal Access
- Sharing Data
- Analytic Reports
- DIRECT Secure Messaging
- Any combination of the above
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services @www.cms.gov
Merit-based Incentive Payment System @qpp.cms.gov/mips/overview
Health Information Technology @ https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/health-information-technology/index.html
NCQA Info @www.ncqa.org
eHealth Exchange Participants @ https://ehealthexchange.org/participants/
Direct Trust Member List @ https://directtrust.org/about-membership/member-list
DETENTION CENTERS & CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
Save time on intake by getting and searching through a broad variety of medical records from multiple delivery systems, for greater depth of information. Approximately 88% of NM Hospital admissions are found in the SYNCRONYS HIE. Admission, discharge, and Transfers, including dates, admit reasons, allergies, discharge diagnoses, etc.
Get real-time reports on labs, pathology and microbiology. From multiple hospital and reference labs, such as TriCore, Quest and LabCorp
Know when your patients are admitted or discharged from a hospital or emergency department. Notification services for Data Providers
Use DIRECT secure messaging to exchange protected health information (PHI) more securely and efficiently than fax. Orion Health Communicate DIRECT Secure Messaging
Affordable. Participation cost to use the SYNCRONYS HIE portal is based on the size of your organization:
We’re working hard to bring you more information. We have the right people and the right technology to continue to build the information you want.